Claims Adjuster £30k
A dynamic and fast-growing Lloyds Syndicate is looking to recruit a Claims Adjuster. Based in the City, this is a great opportunity to join a rapidly expanding organisation that offers excellent scope for progression and development.
To act as a referral, point for claims and assist the claims function across the MGA platform working closely with underwriters and other teams across the Group
- To support and provide assistance as a technical and procedural point of referral for claims
- Liaise with brokers as required to resolve any claims issues or to expediate agreement of claims. Ensuring each client’s claim service standards are maintained or enhanced.
- Handle and give assistance to settle losses and ensure that the executives and underwriters are kept up to date with developments.
- Assisting and adjusting claims from first notification to settlement within pre-authorised authority limits.
- Updating and maintenance of records in MGA system, reporting from the system to produce MI/BI as required.
- Work with underwriters and operations to provide regular and ad hoc claims reporting in support of the syndicate, the business unit or cover holder underwriting.
- Work closely with Compliance to ensure all regulatory requirements are met.
- Ability to support the syndicate claims functions as directed by Head of Claims.
- Other Ad hoc duties as deemed appropriate and necessary.
Key Personal Skills Required:
- Prior experience within company market.
- Good analytical, mathematical, and organisational skills.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook & PowerPoint.
- A self-starter who is always looking to learn and develop new skills, is flexible and adaptable.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ensure compliance with company and other relevant standards and regulations.
Key technical skills, knowledge and professional qualifications required:
- Flexibility will be an important skill within this role as you will be exposed to every aspect of the claims function.
- An in-depth understanding of Company Market claims processing. Experience in MGA would be beneficial.
- Excellent analytical, data interpretation and presentation skills.
- ACII qualified or working towards qualification or University Degree (or similar) desirable not essential for the role.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years Claims Adjuster experience