Office Manager – Leeds £28k
- A leading business consultancy based in the Centre of Leeds is looking for an Assistant Office Manager/Facilities Coordinator to join their dynamic and innovative organisation in the heart of the City. Our client works some of the most exciting and prestigious organisations in the world. Entrepreneurial and creative environment! This role will be full time in the office reporting to the Facilities Manager based in the Head Office in London.
This role will suit someone with a minimum of 3 years facilities /Office Management experience who is looking to grow and develop their career further.
- Managing building & infrastructure inspections to maintain statutory compliance and a high standard environment for both employees and visitors
- Ensuring full legal health & safety and fire safety compliance at all times across the business, as well as managing energy usage and sustainability goals internally
- Work with internal teams on events scheduling, planning & execution to ensure smooth-running of all events held within our office spaces.
- Actively reinforce company values throughout our office spaces. E.g. ensuring sustainable practices are adhered to and encouraged in terms of recycling, printing etc.
- Plan and coordinate the logistics of internal events such as social team get-togethers, management offsites or management training courses.
- Create and keep up to date an office bible with all facilities contacts for the Leeds office, alarm companies etc.
- Answer the telephone and look after reception
- Greet visitors “ you are the face of our organisation “ first impressions matter
- Supply visitors with visitor passes, ensure anyone entering the buildings signs in
- Manage budgets for stationery and groceries etc.
- Own room bookings and manage these effectively.
- Administration around start documents to be scanned to HR for new starters such as RTW
- Book travel for senior stakeholders when needed
- Ensure the smooth running of the office
- Work with contractors such as cleaners, to ensure office is always kept at a high standard
- Facilitate regular checks, such as lighting, gas and electric
- Clear track record as an Office Manager or Facilities Manager in a fast-growing business already operating at scale
- Organised but agile, able to handle and prioritise multiple projects
- Passion for maintaining compliance, without negatively impacting company culture.
- Attention to detail but also the ability to plan with a 12-month outlook and see the implications for the bigger picture.
- Fully trained and certified in all relevant Fire Safety & Risk Regulations
- Familiarity with facilities documentation including O&M Manuals, engineers reports, compliance certificates, PPM Planners, etc.
- Great people skills – “you are the face of our organisation “
- An impeccably clear and professional communicator, comfortable with an informal environment, but able to communicate with external parties appropriately.
- A strategic thinker with a commercial mind, eager to utilise and share their operational experience
- A dedicated organiser and multi-tasker – you can manage both yours and your team’s time effectively and balance the competing demands & priorities around you.
- Pragmatic problem-solving skills
- Humble and comfortable with a range of daily tasks, with the ability to work flexibly and delegate appropriately.
- Un-phased by unfamiliar or new challenges – prepared to research and investigate the best possible solution(s).
- A people person who is self-motivated but can work efficiently and collaboratively as part of a team.
The ideal candidate must have excellent communication skills, strong organisational skills and comfortable with an informal environment, but able to communicate with external providers and associates.
Thank you for applying to this advertisement; we appreciate your interest in this opportunity. All applications are important to us, but due to the high volume of response we receive from our advertisements, we will only be able to contact applicants that we deem suitable for this vacancy