PA to Director – Insurance Services £33-36k
- An excellent opportunity has arisen to join a chartered insurance broking firm in the heart of the West End of London, as Personal Assistant to the company’s London Director.
This high-profile position offers the opportunity to work largely one-on-one with the Director. The ideal candidate must be personable, confident and highly credible. They will be well organised, have a strong work ethic, good communication skills and be committed to providing quality service.
Most importantly they will be proactive, be prepared to ‘roll up their sleeves’, and have sufficient experience to ‘pick up and run’ with the full variety of client servicing requirements, thereby building long term customer relationships and referrals.
The successful candidate will be personally mentored by the Director and therefore career development opportunities are excellent. The company would be happy to sponsor the successful candidate through their Chartered Insurance Institute examinations if a career in insurance was of interest.
To provide proactive, high level, executive support to the London Director, delivering a highly professional standard of work, ensuring effective use of the Director’s time and efficient management of her varying commitments.
Key PA responsibilities:
- Proactively minimise the day-to-day routine administration for the Director, becoming familiar with the strategic priorities and taking responsibility for actions wherever appropriate
- Having due regard to Director’s priorities and workload, adopt a proactive approach to diary management
- Ensure all relevant papers are available for review in advance of all meetings
- Co-ordinate a full administrative service for the Director including monitoring and screening calls and other correspondence
- Manage an effective bring forward diary for projects, outstanding work, regular reports, response to correspondence
- Arrange, co-ordinate and service meetings as required, including the preparation of recurring and ad hoc reports, minutes and papers
- Assist with the preparation of presentations for meetings and events
- Pro-actively manage Director’s filing and e-mails on a daily basis
- Produce reports, logs, letters and other documentation as required
- Manage the administration of the Director’s expenses as appropriate
- Take minutes of meetings and note action points where relevant
- Assume responsibility for the management of the Director’s paper and electronic filing
- Assist with the planning, organising and managing of training and corporate events
- Assist in the production of board papers and other reports to the highest standards of accuracy and presentation
- Work on other assigned duties and ad hoc tasks as required.
- Good GCSE/A levels (or equivalent), in particular English and Maths
- Secretarial qualification preferred
- PA experience for a minimum of five years ideally within insurance services
- Previous support of an insurance function an advantage
- Credible and confident with experience of working in a professional environment
- A high level of IT skills, including evidence of Microsoft package use (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- A high standard of written and verbal communication skills
- Thank you for applying to this advertisement; we appreciate your interest in this opportunity. All applications are important to us, but due to the high volume of response we receive from our advertisements, we will only be able to contact applicants that we deem suitable for this vacancy