Part Time Office Manager (Uxbridge/London) £38k Pro-rata
- Office Manager – Part time
25 hours per week –5 days a week (ideal hours 10-3pm with flexibility around hours but MUST be 5 days per week)
A dynamic Professional Services firm based in Uxbridge is looking for a Part-Time Office Manager to be based in their Uxbridge office with one day approximately a week in the London office.
Fantastic opportunity to have all encompassing role whilst working on a part time basis and enjoying a work /life balance.
To oversee the smooth running of the offices, being responsible for general administrative, maintenance, supply management, health & safety and event management activities.
To ensure office equipment is maintained to the appropriate quality and quantity, relevant records are up to date and all administrative processes work effectively, making travel arrangements for senior management, actively supporting the organisation and running of internal company events.
- Develop and implement new administrative systems, such as stationery ordering
- Design and implement office policies by establishing standards and procedures; making necessary adjustments
- In the absence of other office support, provide support with administrative duties for senior management meetings such as minute taking
- Liaise with Group facilities team and building management on shared services and
- Manage any online and paper filing systems where required
- Check that data protection laws are being adhered to in relation to the storage of data
- Ensure stock levels are maintained by monitoring and ordering supplies in good time including ad hoc requests.
- Record office expenditure in line with budget, checking of invoices against deliveries, monitoring of budgets and keeping stock records of all equipment and tools
- Maintain the condition of the office and arrange for necessary repairs
- Ensure planned and ad hoc maintenance are carried out
- To liaise with contractors as required
Health and safety
- Review and update health and safety policies and ensure they’re observed
- To ensure that all statutory elements of health and safety are implied and maintaining the premises in a safe and healthy condition and to a high standard
- Undertaking responsibility for monitoring first aid and emergency supplies, equipment
- Carry out cyclical and ad hoc risk assessments
- Work with building management to ensure regular testing for electrical equipment and safety devices
- Organisation of refreshments and catering (e.g. lunches) as requested
- Organize and / or support with office events such as charity events, Christmas party
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills
- Good Knowledge of microsoft office suite
- Good teamworking skills and the confidence to lead and motivate a team
- The ability to manage your workload and supervise others concurrently
- A problem-solving approach to work
- Strong relationship management skills
- Diploma in relevant discipline – highly regarded
- DSW workstation assessor qualified desirable
- IOSH qualification desirable
Must have at least 5 years’ experience working within a professional services firm with previous office / facilities management. Must have experience of working in a regulated environment – understanding the stringent requirements regarding information security and GDPR. Previous experience of health and safety requirements in an office environment are also essential.
This role will sit alongside HR and reports into the Head of HR. They are looking for someone experienced in Office and Facilities Management with the proven ability to create new, streamlined processes and procedures. Looking for someone that can really think about the consequences and impact on others when putting systems in place etc. Common sense is essential!
Looking for someone with Health & Safety experience, who is able to put together an annual risk assessment programme for electrical testing and other necessary processes involving the staff.
Looking for someone independent that can bring solutions to issues and really enjoys the variety of a role like this.!